niedziela, 12 kwietnia 2015

A woman from Australia makes dolls more child-friendly

Don't you think that Barbie dolls look unnatural? They usually are very slim and have vivid make-up. Apparently a lot of people, especially parents of girls who play with such dolls, are not fond of the provocative-looking Barbies. 
An Australian scientist and mother of a girl started to collect old dolls, remove their make-up and paint them natural-looking faces. She also made them new, more wearable clothes. One day the woman put a picture of her dolls on facebook and it went viral. Suddenly she got requests from people who wanted to buy such a doll, which was totally unexpected to her. Apparently a lot of girls would prefer to play with dolls which look more human.
I wish there were such 'girl next door' dolls when I was a child. Hopefully this initiative will be noticed by toy companies and future generations will have the opportunity to play with dolls which look like normal girls or women. What do you think of the remade dolls?

1 komentarz:

  1. I like their clothes. My aunt used to make for me some clothes for dolls. I think they are wonderful.

    OdpowiedzUsuń