niedziela, 29 marca 2015

How travelling can change you


There are many circumstances which can be life-changing. Graduating from school or University, finding a new job, falling in love - just to name a few. One of these situations is spending a longer period of time abroad.
I wasn't aware of this until I returned to Poland after a semester abroad. Spending almost half a year in Romania together with other Erasmus-students from all over Europe made me change some of my habits, learn a lot of things and overcome stereotypes… or at least some of them (because there are stereotypes with a lot of truth in them: it’s impossible to stop an Italian from gesticulating, Spanish people are really noisy and Czechs drink more beer than other nationalities).
The first days back home weren’t easy. Nothing seemed to have changed here, but at the same time everything felt totally different. Fortunately recently I came across some articles and videos, which made me realise that I’m not the only person who experienced such a feeling. Now it's time to continue my old life as a new version of me. 
Did you ever have a similar experience?

1 komentarz:

  1. After coming back from Romania, I have forgotten to not talk to my mum in Romanian. And I have had an impression that all is happening so quickly now. And I was late everywhere, because in Romania I hadn't to hurry up anywhere. :) Few weeks after I returned to normal. :D.

    OdpowiedzUsuń